Software Engineer / Developer
Phone: 020 7274 6595 (H) / 07983 338786 (M)
Address: 51 Barnwell Road, London, SW2 1PN
Working for the OMNIbus/Integrations development team, focusing on probes, gateways and Integrations architecture.
- Designed and implemented a framework for the generation of packages for two separate installers. Both these projects were written in Python and Ant and were fully integrated into the internal build system.
- Using model-driven development, created an SDK to increase the efficiency, speed and quality of integrations with OMNIbus. The kit is an Eclipse plugin which, using a bespoke UI, acts as a single repository of requirements, specification, source code and build parameters. This has dramatically reduced time taken to design, implement and test new products.
- Designed and implemented a new tool for building the large number of OMNIbus Integrations products using Rational ClearCase, Apache Ant, Python and an internal, web-based build framework. This project resulted in a huge saving in time spent building each product, a reduction in the quantity of defects discovered and improvements in build quality and consistency.
- Responsible for both new developments and product maintenance of a large number of probes (aggregators of data from monitored network devices via TCP sockets, log files, 3rd party APIs, Web Services, CORBA etc.)
Worked in maintenance and development of the booking system infrastructure following completion of an intensive training course in Assembler and TPF.
University of Manchester
Sandhurst Comprehensive School
Other Development Projects
- Thursday Football is a Django-based website which is used to manage a weekly 5-a-side football match. The site is deployed on Heroku and features automated player selection (using a rolling, points-based system), interactive team selection, form tables, player stats and regular email reminders.
- The Real FA Cup Scores is a Django-based web application, embedded into The Real FA Cup’s website which uses the Twitter streaming API to monitor football scores, automatically tweeting goals as they happen and using web sockets to update the scores on the site in real time. The page features a choice of themes, including Teletext. I have also written an admin interface which can be used to “live tweet” Cup draws.
- I have also written two further Django applications for internal use within IBM. One is used to manage memberships, payments and access to our staff gym. The other is an automated cake-baking rota.
- The Real FA Cup is a website which features match reports, live scores, photos and other articles about the early rounds of the FA Cup. We currently have more than 8000 followers on Twitter.
- Dulwich Hamlet Supporters’ Trust is the website of the Dulwich Hamlet Supporters’ Trust.
- Acres Of Space is my own personal website.
- Recipe Shopper is an iPhone app which featured recipes directly linked to Tesco’s online shopping site, enabling users to order ingredients directly from their phone.
- Unix (including AIX, Linux, Solaris, HPUX and zLinux)
- Mac OS
- Shell scripting
- Rational ClearCase
- Rational Team Concert
- Google Web Toolkit
- iPhone SDK
- Web Services
- Web Sockets
I have a season ticket at Arsenal, where I commentate for the blind and partially sighted supporters. I also have a season ticket at my local club, Dulwich Hamlet, where I am actively involved in the Supporters’ Trust.
I am also a keen cyclist and photographer as well as enjoying cooking.